I created this workout to incorporate boxing. If you don’t have gloves or a bag to hit, shadow boxing is just as effective. What I love about boxing is it’s not only great for the body but also helps heal the mind by improving concentration and focus. Let me know how this goes for you. Comment below or message me, I’m always looking for feedback. Enjoy!
Equipment needed: jump rope (optional), 2-5 lb. hand weights, sturdy surface like a bench or chair, mat, gloves & heavy bag (optional)
Time: 35-50 minutes
Difficulty level: as hard as you want it to be
1. Warm up: 3 minute round on the jump rope (if no rope, just bounce and circle hands like you’re jumping rope)
2. Stretch: pick your favorite stretches in all the major spots – neck, arms, back, legs
3. Using 2-5 lb. hand weights, complete 25 jumping jacks, 25 jabs, and 25 crosses
4. 10 burpees- add a jab cross at the start position of every burpee before your hit the ground
5. 10 tricep dips off elevated sturdy surface, 10 push-ups, 15 squat jumps
6. Set a timer for 3 minutes and shadow box using hand weights, If you’re new to boxing just focus on the jab, cross, and footwork. If you’re more experienced, add in defense, hooks, and uppercuts as well. Try to keep your hands up, stay moving, breathe when you punch, and always keep one hand protecting the chin. Last 30 seconds burn it out by going as hard and fast as you can.
7. 10 tricep dips, 10 push-ups, 15 squat jumps
8. Gloves on if you have them and set a 3 minute timer for a round on the heavy bag. If there is no bag available to you, shadow box without weights for a 3 minute round. For this round, be sure to hit at least 50 jabs and 50 crosses or if you’re more experienced, be sure to hit at least 100 of any punch you’d like to throw. If you’d like an extra challenge, try and hit this combo as many times as possible: jab, cross, slip, cross, slip, slip, jab, cross, jab, slip, jab. In numbers, that’s 12 slip 2 slip slip 121 slip 1
9. 10 tricep dips, 10 push-ups, 15 squat jumps
10. Burnout on the bag (or with hand weights): 30 seconds of nonstop jabs and crosses. Max speed and power – give it all you got here!
11. Abs: On mat, complete 15 v-ups, 15 bicycle crunches, 15 seated twists, 1 minute plank hold. Complete 3 rounds of this.